Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sufjan Steven's Christmas Unicorn

Composer and hipster musician Sufjan Stevens will be performing Christmas shows across our great land, and I must say the clever little ironic holiday song "Christmas Unicorn" is very addictive.

I'm the Christmas Unicorn.
I'm a Christian holiday
I'm a pagan heresy
I've a penchant for sublime
I'm a mystical apostacy
I play all night with a magical kite
I'm a construct of your mind.
I'm hysterically American
I'm a frantic shopper and a brave pill popper
I know you're just like me
I'm the Christmas Unicorn
You're the Christmas Unicorn
It's all right. I love you.

Tickets for Stevens' Bowery show in New York, New York are only available two days before the 12/19 show. If that proves tough, listen to the song, "Redford (For Yia-Yia and Papou" and other songs available via Amazon.com.

No comments: